CHICKEN LAB: The Newest Korean Restaurant to Go For!


Hey guys! Sorry for the longest hiatus ever and now I am back for real! Gotten back my momentum to start blogging and I am so grateful to get invited by Chicken Lab Malaysia for the soft launching party on the 4th October 2018! Thank you Carinn for the recommendation and it was a blast! Let's cut the story short, what's in Chicken Lab Malaysia?


We all know that there are a whole list of Korean Restaurants popping up in JB, especially those selling famous Korean Fried Chicken. And over here, one more new restaurant added into the list, that is CHICKEN LAB MALAYSIA located in Austin Heights. To be precise, Chicken Lab Malaysia took over the previous Chicken Up Austin Heights and now a brand new management, brand new look too!


How can you not order their famous fried chicken when you come to Chicken Lab? From sweet, crispy, savory to spicy, Chicken Lab has everything for you! Being too afraid to try out overly spicy food, I would prefer a normal flavor that night. The person-in-charge, Justina, offered me the quintessential flavor with sweet and slightly spicy coating - the Yangnyum Fried Chicken. It is well marinated with sweet and slightly spiced sauce while topped with a generous amount of sesame. To my surprise, the chicken is still succulent and juicy even after being left there for awhile after the photo taking session as usual. I really love how the sauce blends into the chicken skin and meat so well!


If you love spicy food and would like to challenge your taste bud, try out the Spicy Yangnyum which comes with sweet and spicy sauce. What I heard from Justina, it is really spicy! Don't forget to try out their Crunchy Sensation and Ganjang Chicken to get the crisp craving satisfied!


Meanwhile, Justina offered me a basket full of fries and I thought at first, it is just a normal fries; till I tried out the first fries, it is truffles fries! Tell me, who can resist the scent of truffle on freshly cooked fries? It's a match made in heaven!



Army Stew or Budae Jiggae is probably the staple Korean food that I will order whenever I go for Korean Restaurant. No particular reason but probably because it has ramen in it! Over here at Chicken Lab, the army stew broth is flavorful even without the sauce added initially. When added, the broth became thicker and irresistible to sip on! Generous amount of sausage, ramen, veggie, and topokki were found in the pot of sharing for 2 - 3. However, I wished that the topokki is more chewy than it taste. Overall is good though! Anyone wants to eat Budae Jiggae with me? Hit me up!








Such a wide array of choices to choose from and it is a sign for me to try out the rest soon! Part 2 review of Chicken Lab Malaysia soon maybe?


Spotted me? Anyway, Congratulations Chicken Lab Malaysia for opening the first flagship store in Johor Bahru which dubbed to be the best Korean Fusion restaurant in Johor! Hereby wishing you all the best and may your business prosperous! Will definitely drop by and feast again. Foodie buddies around, what are you waiting for?


CHICKEN LAB MALAYSIA
Location: No 2, Jalan Austin Heights 8/7, Taman Mount Austin, 81100, Johor Bahru
Contact: 07 - 364 8851

Comments

You may not want to miss these:

Starting Over Without Judgement · There's a New Chance to Build What I Want

Traveloka Getaway Guide: Cititel Penang Hotel - Your Choice When It Comes to Travelling in Penang!